It’s no surprise August is National Family Fun Month! Enjoy time with your kids while doing some of these activities to go along with special days in August.
August Holidays and Fun Days
August – National Peach Month
August 1 – Francis Scott Key’s Birthday
- Learn about the Star Spangled Banner lyrics
- Print the sheet music to play the Star Spangled Banner!
- 4th of July Printable Worksheets
- Patriotic Printable Worksheets
August 2 – National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
- Try one of these refreshing ice cream sandwiches!
August 6 – Root Beer Float Day
- Rootbeer float pops, cookies, cupcakes oh my! Try one of these Rootbeer Float recipes.
August 10 – National S’mores Day
- Make s’mores!
- Or try these s’more muffins
- Or Jif whipped s’mores
August 13 – Left Hander’s Day
- Practice doing things with your left hand today!
August 18 – Wizard of Oz Premiered
- Make this adorable spin on the Tin Man (potato head & chia pet)
- Or make this Tin Can family!
- Try one of these Wizard of Oz crafts
August 19 – Aviation Day
- Take dinner or dessert to a senior citizen today!
August 26 – Susan B Anthony Day
August 30 – Frankenstein Day
- Really it’s Mary Wollenstone Shelley’s birthday. You can read the Classic Starts Frankenstein – abridged version.
August is also National: Golf Month and Eye Exam Month
However you decide to celebrate August, be sure to be generous with sun block, bug spray, and family time!