By contributing writer Brandy.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, and there’s no quicker way to get (some of) my eight boys to eat them than this!
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - half for coating, half for sprinkling tops
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry.
- Using a mandolin, slice sweet potatoes.
- Place slices into bowl with olive oil and seasonings, and turn several times with hands to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes in single layer on greased baking sheet, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then flip.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate and let cool.