By contributing writer Beth
These delicious Ham and Cheese Crescents are hot in ready no time – perfect for an impromptu gathering of hungry young people. They are great for a quick bite after soccer practice or a crowd-pleasing addition to your football party. Adults and kids will love the sweet, smokiness of the ham combined with the saltiness of the cheddar cheese.
My favorite part is the seasoned mayo. Oh my goodness! I could just slather this garlic and onion goodness on every single sandwich I make. Try it with red onions or even green onions. You could also get crazy and mix in Sriracha sauce or wasabi to spice it up a little or a lot. You can thank me later.
Here’s a tip you’ll want to remember. Keep the crescent roll dough chilled until you’re ready to use it. It softens very quickly and can become difficult to work with if left at room temperature for too long.
Here are a few add-ins that you could roll in for fun and flavor:
- red pepper flakes
- diced bell peppers
- sliced jalapenos
- diced tomatoes
- pickle slices
- feta cheese
- sun-dried tomatoes
I like to serve these with carrots, celery sticks, or grapes for a more balanced snack time.
You could definitely cut this recipe in half for a smaller crowd. I’m always surrounded by my own personal tribe of kiddos, so this serving size of 8 is perfect for our family.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 6 ounces ham slices
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line 2 baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, onion, and garlic.
- Roll out one package of dough separating it into the pre-cut triangles.
- Spread a small spoonful of the mayonnaise mixture on each triangle, add 1 slice of ham, and ½ slice of cheese.
- Roll up each triangle and place on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other roll of dough.
- Bake at 375° F for 9 - 11 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from oven, plate, and serve warm.
You might also like…
- Baked Ham and Swiss Roll Ups
- Ham and Cheese Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip in Bread Bowl
- More recipes from Beth