Are you looking for an easy homemade gift to give during the holidays? How about some hot chocolate mix? Everyone LOVES hot cocoa during the holidays (you can even mix in a scoop with your favorite coffee).
Even if you don’t need an extra gift to give this year, make this hot chocolate mix and keep it in your pantry for a quick holiday beverage. My girls love to have hot cocoa all year round, even in Florida summers!
Of course it helps to have a stash of those mini marshmallows to top off your hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups instant dry milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips white, milk or semi-sweet
- Mini marshmallows
- Peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, sift powdered sugar.
- Sift instant dry milk on top of powdered sugar.
- Sift cocoa powder on top.
- Whisk together.
- Whisk in granulated sugar until well combined.
- Store in airtight container or jar for up to 3 months.
- To make hot cocoa, add 1/3 cup of mix in a mug, stir in 1 cup warm milk, add toppings of your choice.
If gifting in a jar make sure you include the preparation instructions on a pretty tag (see above for a link to print your own) attached to the jar.
You can even include a batch of homemade marshmallows, chocolate syrup, or a batch of sugar cookies.