These homemade English Muffins taste so much better than store bought muffins and are easy to make!
Homemade English Muffins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour I used 1/2 white 1/2 whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3 tablespoon softened butter
- Mix together water, milk, honey and salt.
- Add 2 cups of flour and the yeast.
- Mix until you have a loose batter.
- Cover the mixture and let rise for about 1 hour. It will look like this after an hour.
- Add the butter and the remainder of the flour and mix.
- Roll out dough on a surface sprinkled with cornmeal to about 1/2 inch thick and cut into circles.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Cook on a hot (about 350 degrees), well buttered griddle until they are light brown.
- Turn once while cooking.
- Cool and eat… or eat while hot, I cut them in half but you can also pry them open with a fork.
More Homemade Bread Recipes to Try:
- Homemade Bagels
- Homemade Sweet Cornbread (Whole Wheat)
- Homemade Sweet Whole Wheat Bread
- Homemade Tortillas
- Homemade Whole Wheat French Bread Rolls
- Homemade Yeast Cinnamon Rolls