By contributing writer Brandy.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, and there’s no quicker way to get (some of) my eight boys to eat them than this!
By themselves or with homemade salsa or hummus, these baked sweet potato chips are delicious! I like to think of them as a snack, but they could easily go with burgers in place of fries.
Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - half for coating half for sprinkling tops
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry.
- Using a mandolin, slice sweet potatoes.
- Place slices into bowl with olive oil and seasonings, and turn several times with hands to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes in single layer on greased baking sheet, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then flip.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate and let cool.