This is my all-time favorite chicken marinade recipe. My mother has been making it for years and I always look forward to grilled chicken at her house.
The longer it marinates the better it tastes, although I wouldn’t let it sit for more than 12 hours.
- 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 T salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Marinate chicken pieces for one hour or more before grilling. Brush with remaining sauce while grilling.
When grilling chicken I almost always buy chicken legs because they are cheaper and my family loves them. I remove the skin before marinating.