Now that you know how to cook a pumpkin it’s time to share some delicious pumpkin recipes for fall. I’ve heard reports of pie pumpkins priced at under $0.30 a pound so stock up now and freeze for future recipes.
This pumpkin pancake recipe was a big hit with my family. It wasn’t too pumpkin-y which is good if your kids are hesitant about trying something other than regular pancakes. If you are looking for a something with a little more pumpkin flavor consider adding a teaspoon of ginger to the recipe.
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking power, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add buttermilk, egg, pumpkin and applesauce.
- Mix until batter is moistened, but still lumpy.
- Cook on a buttered griddle on medium heat.