Potato pancakes were on our dinner menu last week, but they could also be served as a hot breakfast. This is a great leftover makeover and helps use up all the little amounts of food you have in your kitchen.
No Mess Potato Pancakes
- Leftover mashed potatoes about 3 cups
- 1 cup “just add water” pancake mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. A potato masher works well for this job.
- While mixing, heat a frying pan on the stove top with a small amount of oil or butter. If you have a cast iron skillet use it, it is awesome for frying food.
- Here is where the no mess comes in, the next step should be shape into patties and put in hot pan, but this is so messy! I was washing my hands after each batch. So I tried a mini ice cream scoop. It worked perfectly.
- Scoop up the mix.
- Drop into hot pan.
- Then take the spatula and flatten the potato ball. This is a little tricky, try quick taps so it doesn’t stick to the pancake.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve as a side with dinner or with syrup for a hot breakfast.