These delicious and fluffy pancakes can be made with 100% whole wheat flour. I used 3 cups ground kamut and 1 cup soft white wheat.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- Mix all the liquid ingredients.
- Beat for one minute on high.
- Mix in sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix in flour until batter is smooth but thick.
- Cook on a hot (350 degree) buttered griddle.
This recipe makes enough pancakes for a family of nine. If you aren’t feeding a baseball team, freeze the extra pancakes.