By contributing writer Kimberlee.
We recently started making homemade waffles at our house and discovered this yummy combination!
Banana Pecan Waffles
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans add more to taste
- Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a second bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and banana.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until ingredients are just mixed (some lumps are okay).
- Fold in pecans.
- Cook on a waffle iron.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
You might also like…
- Paleo Peach Smoothie
- Oatmeal Pancakes: Gluten Free with Walnut Butter
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Apple Raisin Spice Cake
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.