Who doesn’t love s’mores? Toasted marshmallow, melted chocolate, and crunchy graham crackers are a favorite at our house. Once we even made s’mores over our gas stovetop because it was raining outside – we love our s’mores.
While making chocolate chip muffins for breakfast one morning a bag of mini marshmallows caught my eye. I thought…. why not?
These s’more muffins are so good, your kids will be asking for s’more!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white flour (I use all whole wheat)
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- ¼ cup applesauce (substituted for oil)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (If you like more or less chocolate chips you can adjust the recipe accordingly.)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers broken into small pieces but not crushed
- Mix together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, applesauce and mix until moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Mix in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and don’t sink when you press lightly on the top of the muffin.