Who doesn’t love s’mores? Toasted marshmallow, melted chocolate, and crunchy graham crackers are a favorite at our house. Once we even made s’mores over our gas stovetop because it was raining outside – we love our s’mores.
While making chocolate chip muffins for breakfast one morning a bag of mini marshmallows caught my eye. I thought…. why not?
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour (I use all whole wheat)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce (substituted for oil)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (If you like more or less chocolate chips you can adjust the recipe accordingly.)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers broken into small pieces but not crushed
- Mix together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, applesauce and mix until moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Mix in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and don’t sink when you press lightly on the top of the muffin.
These s’more muffins are so good, your kids will be asking for s’more!