Who doesn’t love s’mores? Toasted marshmallow, melted chocolate, and crunchy graham crackers are a favorite at our house. Once we even made s’mores over our gas stovetop because it was raining outside – we love our s’mores.
While making chocolate chip muffins for breakfast one morning a bag of mini marshmallows caught my eye. I thought…. why not?
These s’more muffins are so good, your kids will be asking for s’more!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour I use all whole wheat
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce substituted for oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips If you like more or less chocolate chips you can adjust the recipe accordingly.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers broken into small pieces but not crushed
- Mix together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, applesauce and mix until moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Mix in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and don’t sink when you press lightly on the top of the muffin.