Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If you are making mini loaves or muffins decrease cooking time to about 25 minutes.
- When fully cooked the top will be golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from loaf pan and place on a wire cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Slice and serve.