If you know how to can, salsa makes a great homemade Christmas gift! Can this recipe and wrap it up with a bag of tortilla chips!
Tomatoes and peppers are some of the easiest things to grow and can thrive in pots if you don’t have a yard. You will also find that in August, you will have more tomatoes and peppers than you could ever eat on a BLT or fajita, so what I usually do is make my own salsa.
I LOVE homemade salsa because this recipe is so very hard to mess up! The ingredients are flexible and you can tailor the recipe to your family’s likes or dislikes. Here is my basic homemade salsa recipe, it’s easy, comes together in less than 10 minutes, and tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt, pepper, and garlic (to taste)
- Combine tomatoes, onion, pepper and lime juice.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Store fresh homemade salsa in the refrigerator.
You might also enjoy: