By contributing writer Brandy.
Are you a fan of hummus or other bean dips? Maybe both? Well, good! Then, you’ll love this spicy black bean dip. It makes a delicious appetizer, or can serve as the main dish for an easy lunch, or even work with a few sides like fresh pico de gallo for dinner.
Black Bean Dip
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 or 2 fresh garlic cloves depending on your palate
- 1 teaspoon dried onion or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mostly smooth.
- Serve with your favorite chips and/or fresh veggies.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.
Jenny in the Mitten says
Oh This looks so good! I think I am going to serve it in the high school cafeteria tomorrow on taco day! Thanks so much!
Oh man, that looks delicious. Thank you!
Looks awesome!! Perfect for Superbowl Sunday!!