My friend Barb gave me some rhubarb last week along with this delicious recipe for rhubarb cake. I have never eaten rhubarb in my life, but this cake is good enough to make anyone a rhubarb fan!
Rhubarb can be chopped and frozen in an airtight bag to be used for later. It grows year round in warm climates and can be grown in a large pot if you don’t have space for a garden.
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box strawberry Jello
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup butter melted
- In a 9×13 pan place rhubarb in the bottom.
- Evenly sprinkle the sugar over the top of the rhubarb.
- Then sprinkle the Jello over the sugar, and the cake mix over the Jello.
- Pour water over everything, then pour the butter on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until the top is golden brown and the rhubarb is bubbling through.
- Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream.