By contributing writer Kristia
Strawberries in salsa? Yep! This fresh and tasty salsa goes well with the crunchy homemade cinnamon tortilla chips or you can serve it over grilled chicken, fish, or pork.
Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 16 ounces strawberries, cleaned & chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- pinch of salt
- 4-6 (8 inch) tortillas or 1 tortilla per person
- melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the strawberries, onion, pepper, lime juice, parsley and salt together in a bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top side with the melted butter.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tortillas.
- Cut the tortillas into eighths. A pizza cutter works well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. Keep a close eye. They will burn fast.
Find more delicious recipe ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.