The following is a post from contributing writer Lynn.
Summertime means hot weather and hot weather means that I do not like to do anything that heats up my kitchen unnecessarily. So, I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, especially for desserts, that do not require an oven.
The recipe I have for you today is a fun and delicious take on a no bake cookie. It is quick and easy to make and does not use the oven.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (4 serving size, dry mix only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- In a large pan combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in chocolate chips and dry pudding mix. Stir until the chips have melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and oats until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with sides. I use an 11x14 inch pan.
- Refrigerate until cookies are set. Cut into bars.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.