By contributing writer Tessa
Beans in a dessert??!! People look at me like I have two heads when I suggest it, but believe me when I say, not a single person has ever been able to tell what these black bean brownies are made of! They taste like real, dense, fudgey brownies.
Only difference is…they have the added nutrition of the beans incorporated! Go sneak some goodies into your family today!
- 15 ounce can black beans (or 1½ cups cooked beans), thoroughly rinsed and drained.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or other oil/melted fat of choice
- ⅔ cup sugar or more to suit your taste
- 2 tablespoons chia meal or flax meal, or one egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor bowl, add the beans, oil, sugar, and chia meal. Puree until smooth and beans are indiscernible.
- With the motor running, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour/spread into a greased or parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan. The batter will not be deep.
- Bake in a preheated oven 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
I use palm sugar and stevia.
You might also like…