By contributing writer Beth
Savor the chocolatey goodness of this Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse Dessert. The mousse is served on top of flaky puff pastry and topped with fresh raspberries and a drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried
- ½ cup dark chocolate morsels
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Set the puff pastry and cream cheese on the counter for 30 minutes to bring closer to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- On lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet and smooth out the seams with a wet finger.
- Use a floured cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the pastry. Place at least an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes until the dough is puffed and golden brown. Remove to cooling rack immediately and cool completely before topping.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cream, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Mix together and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the mixture until it is much lighter in color and almost 50% thicker in volume.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate morsels and coconut oil. Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir. If the chocolate is not completely melted, return to microwave and heat on high another 10 - 15 seconds and stir again until smooth.
- Place the pastry on a dish.
- Top with mousse. I piped mine through a makeshift decorating bag made with two sandwich bags and a piping tip.
- Top with raspberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
You might also like…
- Raspberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Copycat Recipes
- More recipes from Beth