It’s my favorite time of year – time to plant the garden! Enjoy these garden-themed worksheets with your children any time of the year.
Gardening is a great way to teach science in your homeschool without the kids realizing they are learning. From starting seeds in small containers indoors, making a compost bin, to growing food from kitchen scraps gardening is a fun family activity.
If you decide to start a small garden with the kids, have them track the progress in a lapbook or notebooking journal.
Each of the worksheets in this 4-page set are written for second graders.
In this Garden Worksheet Set:
- Garden Products – Solve the simple multiplication equations
- Flower Fractions – Color the correct number of flowers using the given fractions
- Parts of a Sentence: Subject – Identify whether the subject describes ‘who’ or ‘what’; complete the subject of each sentence
- Find the Opposite! – Replace the word in each garden-themed sentence with its opposite
You might also like…
- Play Gardening with Kids
- Compost Cups Science Project
- Flower-Themed Worksheets
- More worksheets from Lauren
By contributing writer Lauren