by contributing writer Stef.
As a young mom, I wanted Easter to be this amazing experience I shared with my son. However, I became easily overwhelmed with all the expectations I placed on myself. What if I burnt our Resurrection Rolls? What if he couldn’t find the Resurrection Eggs? What if I screw up the message of Easter?
Like anything, Easter can be as hard and burdensome as we make it. Focus on the love of our Savior instead.
Here are a few easy Easter activities for kids that won’t overwhelm you or your children. However, they offer plenty of opportunities for discussion.
Easter Activities for Kids
- Resurrection Eggs with Bible Verses – Easter Craft to teach children about the sacrifice of Christ with common household supplies
- How to Blow an Egg – Tutorial to get eggs cleaned out and ready for crafts and decorations
- Easter Count Down Tree – Free printable ornaments (older children)
- Palm Sunday Craft – Get those foot prints ready to make this adorable craft
- Faith Filled Easter Eggs – similar to resurrection eggs, but made personal
- Carnation Experiment – If you find it difficult to explain how Jesus took our sins upon himself, try this simple carnation & red die experiment.
- Resurrection Garden – Together create this resurrection garden with supplies you can find right outside.
- Empty Tomb Cake – Here is a beautiful bundt cake tomb.
- Empty Tomb Chocolate Doughnuts – Same idea using doughnuts
If you are looking for more of a curriculum to teach your children about Easter, then be sure to check out: