By contributing writer Brandy.
Are you a fan of hummus or other bean dips? Maybe both? Well, good! Then, you’ll love this spicy black bean dip. It makes a delicious appetizer, or can serve as the main dish for an easy lunch, or even work with a few sides like fresh pico de gallo for dinner.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 or 2 fresh garlic cloves (depending on your palate)
- 1 teaspoon dried onion or onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mostly smooth.
- Serve with your favorite chips and/or fresh veggies.
More recipes from Brandy
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.