The following post is from contributing writer Kristia.
Spicy Sausage & Tomato Pasta is a hearty yet easy-to-prepare dinner on those busy weeknights when time is short but hunger is big. The level of spiciness is easy to alter to suit your family’s taste buds.
Serve with a garden salad or fruit and homemade bread sticks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with zesty chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) box uncooked penne
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil on medium in a large saute pan. Add the garlic, peppers, onions, and sausage. Break up the sausage into small pieces and cook until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are softened.
- Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Combine the pasta with the sausage sauce.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.