I realize I pass along many ideas on this site. If you only use one of my ideas, do this one! It is easy and the payoffs are huge. I promise your kids will think you are mother of the year!
- Pancake batter – use any kind you want, homemade, box mix, just thin it out a little with water or milk
- Squirt bottle – I bought one at Walmart for $.75
- Mix your pancake batter so you have no lumps, these will clog the bottle.
- Fill your bottle with pancake batter. I found using a ladle and funnel worked best.
- Using the bottle create designs on a hot buttered griddle. I set mine to 350 degrees. Initially I started out making snowflakes, but they kept looking like spider webs, so I went on to other things. Using the bottle allows you to draw on the griddle. I am not an artist, but it was easy to make snowmen, Christmas trees, stars, gingerbread men, even write the kids’ names.
- You can even add chocolate chips or sprinkles.
- Your kids will absolutely love these pancakes. It doesn’t matter how they taste, somehow eating your name in pancake is the best thing in the world for a six year old.