Easy, No Rise Cinnamon Rolls
So good you’ll think your grandmother made them! These rolls are delicious and take about 40 minutes from start to finish including baking time. The recipe makes about 10 rolls.
Servings: 16 rolls
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together the dough dry ingredients.
- Then cut in the butter.
- Add milk until the dough is a bit sticky.
- Put on a floured surface and roll out.
- Spread filling on the on the rolled out dough. (Butter first, then sugar, then cinnamon.)
- Use as much or as little as you want.
- Roll up and slice into rolls.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, less if you are using white flour.
- You can bake them on a cookie sheet, 9×13 casserole pan, or round cake pan. If you are using 100% wheat flour it is better to use a pan with sides as the rolls have a tendency to spread out a little more.
- While rolls are baking, mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Then add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk until you get a consistency that can be drizzled on the cinnamon rolls.
- When the rolls are finished drizzle with frosting.
Editor’s note: These do not taste like Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. They are more biscuit like in taste, but they are delicious!
Serving: 17g | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg