An afternoon meeting ran late and dinner plans changed. At 5:45 pm my kids were hungry, cranky, and begging for dinner. I threw this inexpensive nacho bake together in about 45 minutes from start to finish. Get creative with this easy Nacho Bake and use whatever ingredients you have in your pantry or freezer. Corn, salsa, or black beans would work well in this dish too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning or make your own
- 2 cups refried beans
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1 can kidney beans drained (or substitute with black beans)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef. Add seasoning mix, 3/4 cup of water, and kidney beans and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 pan (spray with nonstick) layer: corn tortillas, refried beans, the meat and bean mixture, then cheese. Repeat. Add tortilla chips to the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes then serve. We served the nacho bake with sour cream on the side.
Find more great recipes at Tasty Tuesday.