The following is a guest post from my good friend Lynn. I have never made a recipe of hers that my family did not love!
I love to cook and bake and I love to spend all day in the kitchen, but the reality is that I do not usually have time to do that. On a day to day basis I need quick and easy recipes that contain everyday ingredients. I need meals that I can get on the table without much work or time.
This recipe is just that. It is quick and easy and it uses ingredients that I usually have in my kitchen.
This recipe is also a great way to use up those leftover tortilla chip crumbs that are all crushed or stale at the bottom of the bag. Does anyone else have a bag of chips in their pantry that looks like that? I hope I am not the only one that has that problem.
I have a similar version of this that I make with Doritos and Chicken that my kids also love, but I think I like this beef version a little better. However, both of them are favorites in our family.
I hope you enjoy!
Beef Nacho Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14- ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 10- ounce can of corn drained
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder you can also use 1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning instead of the chili powder
- 1 ½ cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- you could also easily add beans to this also
- Cook beef until browned and crumbled. Drain grease and stir in tomatoes, corn, sour cream, and chili powder. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch or similar size pan, spread the crushed chips, then layer half of the beef mixture, half thecheese, then remaining beef and cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 - 25 minutes or until heated through.
Lynn loves to cook and try new recipes. She lives in Oklahoma on 43 acres with her husband and three children. She blogs at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures, sharing recipes, tips, and ideas to help you me blend a love of cooking with a busy life. She also blogs at Lynn’s Recipe Adventures where she writes about the challenges of food allergies.