If I knew how easy it was to make my own pasta I would have been making it for years. Not only is it easy, it is cheaper and healthier! I have posted a very basic recipe and tutorial below. I plan to add more complicated recipes as I experiment more.
Homemade Egg Pasta
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and gently beat the eggs.
- Add two cups of flour. Mix in the flour until dough sticks together. Add more flour or a small amount of water until the dough forms a ball.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand until dough forms a soft ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Do not roll the dough wider than the pasta machine.
- Lightly dust the pasta machine with flour to season the machine.
- Feed the dough into the pasta machine, turning the handle with one hand and holding the dough with the other.
- Twist the pasta into small nests and place on parchment paper that has been lightly dusted with flour.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 6-8 minutes and then drain.
- Toss with your favorite sauce like this Asiago cream sauce!
Homemade egg pasta with blackened chicken and sun dried tomato cream sauce.