This One Pot Broccoli Alfredo Pasta is an easy, creamy stove top dish that’s perfect for a busy weeknight. Serve it as a delicious side dish or a vegetarian main dish.
One Pot Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
Yield 2 -3
- 9 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium-high heat, boil water with salt and the vegetable broth. Add the pasta and cook as instructed on the packaging.
- A few minutes before it’s is done, add the broccoli florets to the pot.
- Once the pasta is al dente, discard 3/4 of the water and set heat to low.
- Add the heavy cream, butter, cornstarch, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Stir and let it simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Serve on plates and add pepper.
Add some hot sauce for a spicy kick.