This recipe has become a favorite in our house. It is not frugal or healthy so I usually serve it for a special occasion, or make it after the kids go to bed for a special date night meal at home. This recipe is very versatile, you can substitute the scallops for chicken or shrimp, and you can use Parmesan cheese instead of the Asiago cheese.
Blackened Scallops and Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Blackening mixture I use equal parts black pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, Emeril's seasoning, garlic and then add a little flour to the mixture
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup white wine
- butter about a half a stick
- Pasta try this homemade pasta recipe
- Scallops I like to get the big ones but the day I took the pictures the store was out of the big ones so I used small ones
- Melt butter in pan. While butter is melting, coat your scallops with blackening mixture.
- Add about half the wine and add scallops to the pan. Depending on the size of your scallops, cooking time is usually about 10 - 12 minutes on medium heat.
- Start water for your pasta.
- You will need to turn the scallops occasionally, add the rest of the wine as needed. After about five minutes add onions and garlic. Cook another five minutes and add cream.
- Once the cream is boiling, add the shredded cheese.
- Drain noodles and add pasta to sauce, mix together, and serve.
- I like to serve this meal with a Caesar salad and crusty bread.