The following is a post by Kristia from Family Balance Sheet.
Baked Bruschetta Chicken is a delicious meal that is easy to prepare on busy weeknights. The ingredients are simple: chicken breasts and canned tomatoes. Serve with a garden salad or steamed vegetable and dinner is served.
Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ pound thin spaghetti cooked per box instructions
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium low heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. (Note: The chicken will not be cooked all the way through.)
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, and vinegar. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the thin spaghetti.
- Serve the Bruschetta Chicken over the pasta and top with Parmesan.
You might also like…
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Chicken and Potatoes: Slow Cooker
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Legs & Wild Rice: Slow Cooker
You can find more delicious meal ideas at the Recipe Index.