Can you believe this chicken tortellini soup takes only 10 minutes to make? It is seriously so simple and a hit with the kids.
My mother made this a few weeks ago and when I asked her for the recipe she said she didn’t have one! This is my recreation of her creation so the measurements are more like estimates. Feel free to tweak it to your liking and taste as you go.
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 2 cups Shredded chicken I use chicken from my whole chicken in a crock pot recipe
- Frozen cheese tortellini one bag or two… or more if you are feeding a football team
- 3 cups chicken broth also from the whole chicken in a crock pot recipe
- 3 cups water
- Adobo seasoning
- Onion diced or you can cheat and use minced
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 can rotel drained optional
- In a large pot add chicken broth, tortellini, and chicken. (I use about 3 cups of homemade broth and 3 cups water.)
- Cook over medium heat.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, Adobo seasoning, onion, Italian seasoning, and rotel (optional).
- Stir occasionally and heat thoroughly (about 7 minutes).
More Soup Recipes to Try: