I love potato soup, unfortunately many of the recipes are really heavy on the butter and cream. While I don’t think there is anything wrong with those ingredients, I try not to consume them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was excited when I found this recipe in the Vita-Mix cookbook. I changed it slightly and now it is a gluten free recipe.
Cream of Potato Soup
- 3 cups potatoes peeled quartered
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into pieces
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup milk you can use skim
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cheese for topping
- Put potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower into a large pot.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove one cup of vegetables from the pot with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Pour the the rest of the soup, including most of the liquid into a blender or food processor.
- Add milk, garlic and salt.
- Blend for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of vegetables and blend for a few seconds.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cheese or sour cream.
More Food Allergy Friendly Recipes: