By contributing writer Andrea Green
Homemade Apple Whip Dessert might be our new family favorite of all time. At least it is at this time of year when apples and apple spice make such a lovely pair.
This recipe is patterned after the ultra popular Pineapple Whip served at Disney World. Pineapple Whip has long been a sought-after treat by visitors to the park. If you’ve ever experienced it, you will want to try this spin on the recipe.
When making a dessert for a special occasion, like Thanksgiving, I believe homemade is best. Therefore, this recipe is from scratch using whole food ingredients.
However, I’m not against taking a shortcut or two. I believe you can make a darn good recipe from chunky applesauce, apple pie spice and frozen whipped cream. It might not be quite the same, but I bet it will still make you the hit of the meal!
Speaking of Thanksgiving, do you know of anyone who follows a gluten-free diet? This recipe would be a perfect substitute for the traditional apple pie!
Apple Whip Dessert
- 2 apples
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon homemade apple pie spice or substitute store bought
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel and core the apples.
- In a small baking dish, bake apples for 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Allow apples to cool, then give a rough chop.
- Place honey, whipping cream and apple pie spice in mixing bowl.
- Whip ingredients together until fluffy.
- Gently fold chopped apples into the whipped cream.
- Serve in individual serving dishes.
More Food Allergy Friendly Recipes:
- Quick & Healthy Fudge (Dairy Free)
- Gluten Free Cereal Bars
- Homemade LaraBars
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Meatloaf Cupcakes with Paleo and Egg Free Options
- Cream of Potato Soup (Gluten Free)
- Spaghetti Squash with Chunky Tomato Sauce (Gluten Free)
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.