I love baking and this chocolate chip cookie recipe has been in my family for years. I can remember my mom making it when I was a kid, and then I made it for my kids. Now my own kids make this recipe for themselves!
One day I came home and my oldest son was just pulling the last sheet of cookies out of the oven. The kitchen smelled delicious! I couldn’t wait to grab a cookie and an ice cold glass of milk.
You can imagine my disappointment when I looked at the cooling rack and not a single cookie had chocolate chips in them!
Apparently Cora told him she didn’t like chocolate chips and since Cora always gets what she wants from her big brothers he made a triple batch of “chipless” chocolate chip cookies!
I highly recommend using chocolate chips (or chunks) in these cookies, as they taste much better. 🙂
I love this recipe because it turns out every single time! You can’t mess it up, they always taste great!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6-12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Cream together shortening and both sugars.
- Add eggs, flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Then add milk chocolate chips, add as many as you like, I have used a whole bag before. Mix them in with spoon so you don’t break up the chips.
- Drop on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.