By contributing writer Kristia
When asparagus is in season, I take advantage of its peak flavor (and the low prices) and include it in many of our meals. This Lemony Asparagus Pasta takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, so it’s an easy dish on hectic weeknights.
It is great served warm or cold with grilled chicken or your favorite burger (find some burger ideas below the recipe).
Lemony Asparagus Pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- half a red onion chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- juice of one lemon
- 1 16 oz box of farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- Parmesan optional
- Cook pasta per box instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat and saute the the onion, garlic and asparagus for about 5 minutes or until the asparagus is tender, but not over-cooked. The asparagus should be bright green and you should be able to pierce with a fork.
- Remove the asparagus from the heat and stir in the lemon juice..
- Combine the asparagus with the pasta.
- Top with Parmesan when serving.