French fries are probably one of my favorite foods, but I never got on the sweet potato fry bandwagon until recently. Air fryer sweet potatoes have that crispy flavor of french fries if they are seasoned and cooked correctly.
However, fried food has never agreed with me, but I love the taste! Any cooking technique that creates that crispy fried flavor without all the oil is a winner for me. An air fryer gives you that crisp taste without being drenched in unhealthy oils.
Also I feel like a side of some kind of zesty sauce is a requirement as well, but that’s just my opinion. These air fryer sweet potatoes are delicious and are pretty healthy.
If you do not have an air fryer you can bake these in the oven. I bake at 400 and flip at least once. When baking fries I usually use foil on my pan for easier clean up. Remember to spray the pan or foil with nonstick spray as fries are the worst for sticking to baking sheets.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes (2-3 potatoes), cleaned and cut into fries
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parsley Chopped for garnish
- Clean and cut sweet potatoes into french fry pieces and add to container for mixing
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F
- Lightly spray basket with olive oil
- Drizzle sweet potatoes with oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder
- Toss to coat evenly
- Place fries in the basket allowing enough space for them to cook evenly, you will need to fry these in batches for them to cook to a crispy outside.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through
- Remove and place on a baking sheet in a 220 F oven to keep warm.
- Continue cooking remaining fries
- Serve immediately with ketchup or condiments of your choice
Sweet potatoes are a healthier version of regular potatoes. They are higher in fiber and vitamin A. The are also a good source of vitamin B6 and potassium. They also contain less carbs than a regular potato.
Fun fact: Did you know that sweet potatoes have over three times the daily recommend dose of vitamin A. If you consume too much vitamin A your skin and nails can have an orange tint to them.
I’m pretty sure you would have to eat a ton of sweet potatoes to turn orange….
If you are looking for a healthy substitute for french fries try sweet potato fries. It’s one small thing you can do to improve your diet and make better food choices.