Did you know you can make homemade hot fudge sauce with just three ingredients? This hot fudge recipe is so easy you’ll wonder why you ever purchased it from the grocery store.
Decadent Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips Semi-sweet, dark, milk, whatever you like best
- 1 14 oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Butter Unsalted
- In a heavy saucepan, add all ingredients and stir
- Heat oven medium heat stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth
- Remove from heat, stir and let cool slightly
- Add to jar or container with lid
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 1 month
- To reheat, cook for 30 seconds in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and heat for an additional 10 seconds or longer if necessary
The one mistake I tend to make when making any chocolate recipe on the stove is to overcook the chocolate! I love to multitask in the kitchen- which usually results in burned chocolate.
One way to keep from burning your hot fudge sauce is to start with the heat on med-low. Depending on how quickly your stove top warms up or how hot it gets, I like to start with a lower temperature then increase.
Recipes like these store best in small 8oz mason jars. I like the glass jars because you can see what is inside and you don’t have to transfer it to another container to reheat in the microwave.
Serve hot fudge over ice cream, frozen yogurt or as a dip for your favorite desserts.