The following is a post from contributing writer Lana.
We’ve been making garden stones for years. They make the BEST gifts for Grandparents and add joy to any garden!
- Quick Set Concrete (We used leftover Grout and Thin Set from our tile project.)
- Bucket to mix the concrete in (A wheelbarrow works great too.)
- A shovel or a drill with a mixer attachment for mixing the grout (We’ve used both.)
- Empty Boxes (Pizza boxes are a great size.)
- Marbles (We had tons leftover from making our own citronella candles.)
- Kids or anyone who doesn’t mind a little mud on their hands
3. Let it sit for a few minutes until the texture is firm but you can still make an indention. I suggest testing with your finger a few times. Too firm and it will ruin. Too soft and it will fill the hand-prints back up like water does to sand on the beach.
7. Place in your garden and enjoy your memory!
- Place “jewels” in a wagon of sand for a Princess treasure hunt. Then each Princess can make her own Princess Stone. Makes an excellent party favor!
- Use a kleenex box to make rectangle shapes.
- Use silverware or shells to preserve a memory.
- Make one for a wedding gift or to preserve a special day.