The following is a post from Jacinda.
Here’s a sweet little Valentine’s Day gift that’s sure to please! Made with all natural, inexpensive ingredients, these bath fizzies will leave you (or your lover’s!) skin feeling luxuriously soft and smooth.
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cream of Tarter
- 4 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon Chamomile Flowers, dried (or the contents of 2 tea bags of 100% Chamomile Tea)
- Melt Coconut Oil by placing the jar in very hot water.
- While it melts, sift the remaining ingredients together.
- Add the melted oil, one spoonful at a time, to the dry ingredients, mixing together to form a ball of dough.
- If your dough it too crumbly, add a little more oil. If it’s too wet, add equal amounts of Cornflour and Cream of Tarter.
- Tip the dough onto a clean surface and roll out into your desired thickness.
- Cut into small hearts with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for an hour until firm.
Place two or three fizzies in a hot bath. They will fizzle away, leaving the water softened and fragrant. The Coconut Oil will nourish the skin and the Chamomile flowers promote relaxation.
*Note: Before draining the bath water, insert a screen over the drain hole to catch the chamomile leaves.
More Valentine’s Day Projects: