Tips to go green all year round!
- Use cloth diapers. After a year of using them, I have to admit it is much easier than I thought. It takes an extra ten minutes every two days to use cloth diapers. They are well worth the time and the initial expense.
- Save money on utilities by visiting your utilities website and enrolling in their energy saving (and money saving) programs.
- Recycle grocery bags by using them as gift wrap.
- Recycle your table scraps with a DIY compost bin.
- Try some of these easy green living tips. We have implemented many of these ideas over the past year and saved money and lessened our waste.
- Recycle old clothes by making purses or toddler dresses.
- Reusing mailing envelopes. (The yellow envelopes cannot be recycled)
- Don’t waste old bread, use it to make your own bread crumbs.
- Don’t toss all those crayon drawings recycle your kids’ artwork.
- Take your own containers to restaurants to use for doggie-bags.
What is your favorite “green” money saving tip?