Recently I have started mixing my pancakes and waffles in the blender. I am not sure if this will work in all blenders, but it works great in my Vita-Mix.
I am able to pour the batter right from the blender to the skillet. My batter is lump free and clean up is a breeze. I blend the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. You could probably reverse the order too.
Whole Wheat Waffles
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup agave
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- Serve with syrup fruit, whipped topping etc.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Blend in all the liquid ingredients.
- Pour straight from blender onto waffle maker.