These fall cupcakes are so adorable and easy to make. Use a box cake mix to simplify this recipe and create cute pumpkin cupcakes in about an hour!
The candy corn pumpkins are only available in the fall, so stock up now while they are in stores. I don’t eat a lot of candy, but these pumpkins are so addictive! They are one of my favorite treats.
Occasionally I use pre-made frosting by Wilton. It’s already in the tube, so you don’t have to make your own and get out your piping bag and tips.
While I think homemade frosting tastes better, I’m typically making cupcakes like these at the last minute, so anything I can do to save time works for me.
- 1 box of Cake Mix plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 bag of Candy Pumpkins
- Fudge Icing
- 1 sleeve of Oreos
- Green Decorating Icing
- Cupcake Liners
- Prepare cupcake batter according to box instructions.
- Line muffin pan with liners and fill each a little over half way.
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions, and let cool completely.
- Once cupcakes have cooled cut the center out of each cupcake (3/4 of the way down). I used a spoon to scoop out the center.
- Gently press the hole down with you finger.
- Fill each cupcake center with fudge icing.
- Place you sleeve of Oreos in a food processor and process into crumbs.
- Top your fudge icing with Oreo crumbs and place a candy pumpkin on top.
- Finally ice the remaining edge of your cupcake with green icing.
- Serve and enjoy!