Recipe type: Main Dish
- Two cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs (or ¾ crush Ritz crackers and ¼ cup cornmeal)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (you can use low fat)
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You might need to adjust the amount of bread crumbs a little to make sure you can form the patties.
- Form the mixture into eight patties (similar to hamburgers).
- On medium heat coat a frying pan with vegetable oil, then melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Fry your salmon patties for about 4 minutes on each side until they are a beautiful golden color.
- Set on a paper towel to blot any extra oil.
- Serve on a bun with your choice of toppings. We like lettuce and mayo at our house.