“The Lemon Dill Salmon Sliders recipe is sponsored by StarKist®. All opinions expressed are our own.”
My family loves tuna and salmon, and we eat it several times a week. When I travel, I often throw a few StarKist Creations™ tuna or salmon pouches in my suitcase for a quick, healthy and inexpensive snack option on the go. With 110 calories or less in each pouch and 10 different varieties, I’m able to eat smart even when I’m not at home.
The Creations pouches are my favorite because they are easy to open and you don’t have to drain them (no mess!), making them my first choice for a quick snack option.
Not only are they a great option as a snack, I also use them in a variety of recipes. These lemon dill salmon sliders are great to spread on crackers or rolls at a party, or you can serve them on a bed of lettuce for a delicious lunch or dinner.
My favorite way to eat them is on a toasted roll with a bit of mayo mixed with dill and some greens. However, since some of the grownups in my house are doing low carb, I served them recently on a bed of mixed greens.
If you don’t have Panko bread crumbs on hand, you can substitute. But I think the Panko crunch makes these sliders taste so much better!
Lemon Dill Salmon Sliders
- Two pouches StarKist Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise low fat if desired
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, except salmon in a bowl.
- Fold in two pouches of StarKist Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill
- Over medium heat, coat a frying pan with butter or canola oil.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop scoops of the salmon mixture into the frying pan.
- Flatten with a spatula.
- Sauté the salmon sliders for about 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the frying pan and place on a paper towel to blot any extra oil.
- Serve salmon sliders over a bed of lettuce, on rolls or on a cracker.
These salmon sliders were a huge hit in my house, and barely made it to the table because they were scarfed down as I was making them.
- Tuna Creations® Hot Buffalo Style
- Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill
- Salmon Creations® Mango Chipotle
- Kid’s Creations® Bacon Ranch
- Kid’s Creations® Honey BBQ
These flavors are delicious on their own, or used in your favorite tuna or salmon recipe for an added kick!
StarKist Creations™ are available nationwide at your local grocery store.