By contributing writer Beth
My entire family loves pizza. Most of the time that means a handmade crust and maybe even homemade pizza sauce. But when we want a fun, quick alternative, we throw together this Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza.
With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and fun to share with friends. You could serve these at a birthday party or on a lazy Sunday afternoon when you just don’t want to cook a “real” meal.
Make it a family affair! My kids join in the party when we make these by helping to assemble all the delicious toppings and manning the timer. They’ll even sit at the oven door watching the cheese melt. Yum!
You can substitute your favorite toppings, of course. Try these fun topping alternatives:
- mini pepperoni
- browned ground beef
- crumbled cooked bacon
- leftover rotisserie chicken
- fresh herbs like basil or rosemary
- chopped spinach
- diced tomatoes
- feta cheese
Maybe your kids don’t love red sauce. You might try these to fit your family’s tastes:
- olive oil
- Alfredo sauce
- barbecue sauce
Why not do a pizza bar? Gather all the ingredients on the kitchen table and let each person make their own unique, individual pizza.
If you’re looking for a kid-friendly, weeknight meal then Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza is definitely for you! These little pizzas are adorable, delicious, and super simple to throw together. The kids will LOVE them!
Hawaiian English Muffin Pizzas
Yield 6 servings
- 6 English Muffins, split
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the English muffin halves on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or baking liner. Make sure that the cut side is up.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto each slice of muffin.
- Top with cheese, pineapple, and Canadian bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Courses Main Dish