I absolutely love salmon. I usually buy the large filets at Costco and cook them on the grill. We usually don’t eat it all so this is one of my favorite ways to use up the rest of it.
You can also use salmon in a can if you don’t normally by the filets. This is one of those great pantry meals that comes together in less than 20 minutes!
- Two cans boneless skinless salmon, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs or 3/4 crush Ritz crackers and 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise you can use low fat
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You might need to adjust the amount of bread crumbs a little to make sure you can form the patties.
- Form the mixture into eight patties (similar to hamburgers).
- On medium heat coat a frying pan with vegetable oil, then melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Fry your salmon patties for about 4 minutes on each side until they are a beautiful golden color.
- Set on a paper towel to blot any extra oil.
- Serve on a bun with your choice of toppings. We like lettuce and mayo at our house.