by contributing writer SnoWhite
A simple pasta salad with fresh garden taste is sure to be a hit at any potluck or summer BBQ!
- 16 ounces pasta, small shape preferred
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- pinch of minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and cool completely.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Cut 3-4 basil leaves into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, minced onion, and sugar.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in cherry tomato halves, chopped basil leaves and fresh mozzarella balls.
- Stir well.
- Serve right away, or chill until ready to serve.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.